We’ve been bitten by the Live show bug. On Monday night we went live on Facebook and BOTH on Our Instagram account @allgeektomeradio AND Cate’s cosplay page @Starbuck_Cosplay . The full show is now available on our Facebook page, we’ve included the link to the show and a bunch of bonus links, just because we love you so.
Hey Geek, after a mess of life changes, we are BACK! What better way to come back than with a May the 4th Live show. We had a bit of a hiccup and were unable to get the show on Facebook LIVE, but we did appear on BOTH on Our Instagram account @allgeektomeradio AND Cate’s cosplay page @Starbuck_Cosplay . Only problem is once you stream something on Instagram Live it is lost in the ether never to be seen again.
Unless you are SUPER crafty and also record your session, and we are nothing if not SUPER crafty. The full show is now available on our YouTube channel, and also embedded below the cut with a bunch of bonus links.
It’s almost CON TIME! With New York Comic Con right around the corner, we are talking all things con prep! What to do, what to bring, we talking it all.
You can listen to the most recent episode of our show, (Episode 95: NYCC 2016 Prep!) HERE, in archives. OR now we are on iTunes, so you can now download us directly on to your listening device of choice!
Below you can find links to some BONUS links because we love you all that much!:
For years now, we have preached the benefits of having a designated Con Binder. Something easily accessed, that has plastic sleeve to hold your photos opts, comics and other important odds and ends that one acquires at a con, and prevents wrinkling/folding/damage in general to your precious-es.
Then at some point we stumbled upon, Con*Quest Adventure Journals, which turns out is EXACTLY what we were looking for!*
What is a Con*Quest Adventure Journal? Pretty much the answer to all your con needs. Shelly and Ted came up with the brilliant idea of designing a journal specifically for Cons!
If you frequent cons, you know you amass a lot of…well STUFF. Photo ops, autographs, business cards, artwork etc, and more often than not, all that loot ends up just sitting around. In a folder, in a draw, or a neat little pile somewhere. Which, honestly is a waste. The Con*Quest Journal is basically an amazing Scrapbook for all things con!
The binder itself is full of 32 awesomely illustrated pages, in several different categories.
– There is Autograph Quest, with space for all your fave celebs/artists/writers to sign. There is even plenty of space to put pictures of them signing.
– Speaking of your fave artists, Artist Quest is perfect for your stroll down artist alley. There is plenty of space to get your faves to draw something extra cool, and once again plenty of room to put pics of them and their W.I.P.
– Cosplay is becoming more and more popular at cons and Cosplay Quest is a fabulous section designed for posting all the wonderful cosplay pics you gather.
– If you’re anything like us, you find yourself at a panel, giggling and tweeting your fave quotes. The problem them becomes going back over social media to find them later. Fear not, there’s pages for that! Panel Quest provides you with plenty of room to write down all those perfect gems.
– Let’s be honest no one ever has enough money at con. It is impossible to buy everything you want in a 3 to 4 day span. I’ve tried, and my bank account has cried. This is where Vender Quest comes in handy. You can take pics of your fave items, or right down what you saw where.
AND NOW Con Quest Journals are even more fantabulous, with their THEMED Journals! They currently offer journals themed around Supernatural, Doctor Who and The Walking Dead. Personally I own the Supernatural one, because reasons. The themed journals are full of original artwork, and fun little Easter eggs.
We are big fans of Firefly, cons and all things geeky. So when you offer up the chance to combine those things? We. Are. In. So when Alan Tudyk announced his new project Con Man on indiegogo we were positively giddy.
Click below for more info.