Every day the interwebs have new and awesome things to be found in its depths. These are the awesome things we saw this week:
Whovians have know for a while that this was to be Peter Capaldi, the 12th Doctor’s last season. As always there was much speculation as to who the next Doctor would be, and as has been they case, in recent regenerations [some] fans were hoping to see a woman in the role. Well, yesterday afternoon the announcement was made. Click below to check it out and here some thoughts.
It seems only yesterday Whovians were [not] so patiently awaiting the announcement of who the 12th Doctor would be. Well guess what? Four years, and a Peter Capaldi, later we find ourselves once again awaiting the announcement of who will step into the iconic role. This morning the BBC dropped the news that the announcement of Doctor number 13 would be happening THIS Sunday, July 16th, and a nifty little trailer to go with it. Click to check out the video.
In the spirit of giving back, Titan Comics and Humble Bumble are teaming up to give back to BBC Children In Need, by introducing the Doctor Who Humble Comics Bundle. Click for more to find out
A few years ago I stumbled upon the amazing little etsy store that is Jezebel Charms. Store owner Kate makes all her jewelry over in England, which just seems to make them seem even classier.
A lot of her jewelry features classic literature quotes, from the likes of Jane Austin and Lewis Carroll as well as Shakespeare and Sherlock. She also has a few scientific and historical pieces. She’s also slipped in a few brilliantly subtle pieces of geekery.
All handcrafted and made to order these are STUNNING pieces for all.
Sew Geek Austin is an awesome little company that makes AMAZING Supernatural apparel, jewelry, prop replicas, and basically anything your little Supernatural fandom heart could desire. I stumbled upon it when the Supernatural addiction first seeped into my blood. Claudia and her daughter Anika have a knack for making the most AWESOME geekery you can imagine.
Although they also have some Doctor Who, and even some Arrow products, the site primarily features Supernatural, which up until very recently has been lacking in the cool merchandise department.
But my very fave right now is the Limited edition Always Keep Fighting Ornament, because everyone could use a little reminder to keep fighting.
For years now, we have preached the benefits of having a designated Con Binder. Something easily accessed, that has plastic sleeve to hold your photos opts, comics and other important odds and ends that one acquires at a con, and prevents wrinkling/folding/damage in general to your precious-es.
Then at some point we stumbled upon, Con*Quest Adventure Journals, which turns out is EXACTLY what we were looking for!*
What is a Con*Quest Adventure Journal? Pretty much the answer to all your con needs. Shelly and Ted came up with the brilliant idea of designing a journal specifically for Cons!
If you frequent cons, you know you amass a lot of…well STUFF. Photo ops, autographs, business cards, artwork etc, and more often than not, all that loot ends up just sitting around. In a folder, in a draw, or a neat little pile somewhere. Which, honestly is a waste. The Con*Quest Journal is basically an amazing Scrapbook for all things con!
The binder itself is full of 32 awesomely illustrated pages, in several different categories.
– There is Autograph Quest, with space for all your fave celebs/artists/writers to sign. There is even plenty of space to put pictures of them signing.
– Speaking of your fave artists, Artist Quest is perfect for your stroll down artist alley. There is plenty of space to get your faves to draw something extra cool, and once again plenty of room to put pics of them and their W.I.P.
– Cosplay is becoming more and more popular at cons and Cosplay Quest is a fabulous section designed for posting all the wonderful cosplay pics you gather.
– If you’re anything like us, you find yourself at a panel, giggling and tweeting your fave quotes. The problem them becomes going back over social media to find them later. Fear not, there’s pages for that! Panel Quest provides you with plenty of room to write down all those perfect gems.
– Let’s be honest no one ever has enough money at con. It is impossible to buy everything you want in a 3 to 4 day span. I’ve tried, and my bank account has cried. This is where Vender Quest comes in handy. You can take pics of your fave items, or right down what you saw where.
AND NOW Con Quest Journals are even more fantabulous, with their THEMED Journals! They currently offer journals themed around Supernatural, Doctor Who and The Walking Dead. Personally I own the Supernatural one, because reasons. The themed journals are full of original artwork, and fun little Easter eggs.